UEFA Champions League Support
Here is what to do if you're having issues watching live coverage of the UEFA Champions League on Prime Video.
Questions & Answers
1) Do I have to pay extra to watch UEFA Champions League on Prime Video?
Prime members in Italy can watch the UEFA Champions League on Prime Video for no additional fees. Non-Prime members can start a 30-day free trial of Prime (€4.99/month or €49.90/year). For more information visit amazon.it/prime
2) How can I sign up to Amazon Prime?
Customers can start a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime or sign up for €4.99/month or €49.90/year. Besides UEFA Champions League, Prime customers can enjoy multiple other benefits, including free Premium shipping, exclusive deals and offers, Amazon Originals, movies and TV shows, and over 2 million songs ad free. For more information visit amazon.it/prime.
3) Which UEFA Champions League matches will be available live on Prime Video?
In the 2022/23 season, Prime Video will continue to broadcast the top match on Wednesday of each UEFA Champions League matchday from Play-Offs up to semifinals. This match will feature an Italian team, as long as an Italian team is in the competition. In addition, Prime Video will also broadcast the UEFA Super Cup on Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 9:00 PM (GMT+2).
4) Where can I watch live UEFA Champions League coverage?
Go to the Prime Video app on your device and you’ll see matches called out under "live and upcoming events" or you can go to the primevideo.com homepage and click on Prime Video where you’ll see a link to "live and upcoming events". Alternatively, go to your Prime Video app (or primevideo.com homepage) and search for "UEFA Champions League". Please see the UEFA Champions League landing page for all content Supported Devices.
5) What is the next UEFA Champions League live match on Prime Video?
For information related to the next UEFA Champions League live match on Prime Video, go to the UCL hub page here.
6) Besides live matches, what other content can I watch?
There will be a highlight show right after the broadcast of the Wednesday's live match on Prime Video. This show will feature highlights of all matches played onWednesday. Once the live highlight show is over, it remains available as video on demand until Thursday 24:00 CET on Prime Video.
A full replay as well as highlights (short and extended) of the live match will be available approximately 30 Minutes after final whistle. Stand-alone clips of all other Tuesday and Wednesday matches will be also available as video on demand approximately 30 minutes after final whistle until Thursday 24:00 CET.
Additional exciting UEFA Champions League programming and other Amazon Originals are available as video on demand.
7) I'm experiencing streaming issues, what can I do?
First, check your device bandwidth speeds. For the best live streaming experience, Prime Video recommends a minimum download speed of 1 Mbps for SD & 5 Mbps for HD. Prime Video will serve the highest quality streaming experience possible based on the bandwidth speed available. If you're experiencing any issues with video juddering/motion, we recommend turning the Motion setting on your TV to Off. This setting might have a different name depending on your TV manufacturer. Some examples of the Motion setting include Auto Motion Plus, Tru Motion, MotionFlow, Cinemotion, and Motion Picture. If you still experience issues, please contact us.
8) My stream is delayed, how to I reduce this?
Whilst all devices have been optimized to give a smooth and clear viewing experience, some devices offer less delay between the live game and your stream. We recommend using a Fire TV, iOS or Android device for the best viewing experience.
9) Which devices do you support? Which devices can I use to live stream UEFA Champions League matches?
Watch UEFA Champions League at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit the Supported Devices section here.
10) Can I watch the UEFA Champions League matches in pubs or bars?
The Wednesday Top Match will be available in Sky Pubs in Italy subject to the premises acquiring the appropriate package. Please check with your local pub as availability may vary based on their setup and local lockdown restrictions. If you run a Pub or other Commercial premise and you want to show the matches you’ll need to purchase the Sportsbar or International package through the Sky business offering .
11) Can I watch UEFA Champions League matches while traveling?
Prime members residing within Italy will have the ability to watch live football matches, replays, and highlights while traveling within the European Union. All other international locations aren’t supported.
12) From which locations can I watch UEFA Champions League matches on Prime Video?
The UEFA Champions League on Prime Video is available to Prime members in Italy (including San Marino and Vatican City).
13) I'm receiving a location error when attempting to watch.
UEFA Champions League matches on Prime Video are only available to customers based in Italy (including San Marino and Vatican City). All other international locations are not eligible. Prime Video doesn't support streaming content through Virtual Private Networks (VPN) or proxy connections. To watch Prime Video, you must disable these services on your device or try switching to another available connection.
14) Will all matches have commentary?
Yes, there will be full commentary on every match in Italian language. An alternative audio option will be available via the audio settings allowing you to tailor your live broadcast experience.
15) Why am I not able to access live sports on my device?
The following devices do not support live streaming on Prime Video, hence you’ll not be able to watch on these devices:
- LG Hawaii TV: certain 2015 and earlier models.
- Sony Bravia TV: certain 2015 and earlier models.
- Sony Bravia Blu-Ray Disc Player.
- Xbox 360 Game Console.
16) Can I rewind, pause and fast forward on my device?
Rewind, pause and fast forward are available on Android/iOS Mobile, Web (Chrome, FireFox, Edge), Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Apple TV (Gen 3 and newer) & selected Smart TVs. Use Watch from beginning play button on the detail page or in player to watch from the match kickoff. Please note that these features aren’t supported on all devices.
17) How can I switch Subtitles on or off?
You can turn the Subtitles on and off by clicking "up" on your remote control and selecting the Subtitle options. For some devices, the Subtitles icon looks like a dialogue box, or it may be listed as a menu option under "Subtitles" on the video's detail page.
18) Can I see stats, team lineups etc. while watching UEFA Champions League matches? What are the X-Ray features available for UEFA Champions League matches?
Yes. X-Ray features will be available on all supported clients (FTV, Android, iOS, and Web). On smart phones, tablets, and web select the 'Stats & highlights' option during playback to view match stats provided in real-time such as goals, possession, shots on target, corners, cards, distances covered, passes completed, and much more. On Fire TV, navigate to player controls during playback and press 'up' button on your Fire TV remote to access X-Ray features.
Yes, X-Ray for live sports provides additional information like real-time stats, live play-by-plays, team and player information, and more while you watch. Access X-Ray for any of the following devices:
- Fire TV: by clicking the up button on your Fire TV remote.
- iOS/Android phones: by rotating your device vertically or tapping the X-Ray button located in the top-left corner of the screen.
- iOS/Android tablet: by rotating your device vertically or tapping the X-Ray button located in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Web: by clicking on "stats and highlights."
19) What other information is available?