Content Policy Guidelines
All videos and other content (such as cover image and product descriptions) must adhere to these content policy guidelines, which may change over time. We reserve the right to make judgments about whether content is appropriate. In an effort to provide the best customer experience, we may choose not to offer any content or otherwise restrict its availability.
We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of all content submitted for publication on the service. Titles containing persistent or graphic sexually explicit or violent acts, gratuitous nudity, and/or erotic themes ("adult content") are not eligible for inclusion in the Amazon Prime Video catalog. Titles containing adult content may not be amended or edited from their original form to circumvent this restriction.
Sexually Explicit Content
- Content containing depictions of pornography or explicit depictions of sexual acts or nudity.
- Content that glorifies illegal sexual acts.
- Content primarily intended to sexually stimulate.
Violent or Graphic Content
- Content that contains graphic depictions of extreme gore, decapitations, unsettling content, and/or excessive violence intended to shock the customer.
Dangerous or Unlawful Content
- Content that promotes, endorses, or incites the viewer to engage in dangerous or harmful acts.
- Content that promotes organized crime, terrorism, or other illegal activities.
- Content that glorifies or promotes illegal acts of animal abuse or torture.
- Content that provides advice on how to begin or be involved in an illegal lifestyle.
- Content that gives guidance on how create or build dangerous materials.
- Content that glorifies or promotes illegal or controlled drug use.
- Content that contains derogatory comments, hate speech, or threats specifically targeting any group or individuals.
- Content that promotes hate speech, incites racial or gender hatred, or promotes groups or organizations that support such beliefs.
Harassment and Cyberbullying
- Content containing abusive, debasing, and/or humiliating language.
- Content that promotes or facilitates stalking or intimidation.
- Malicious or harassing video content including, but not limited, to video obtained without consent.
Illegal and Infringing Content
We take violations of laws and proprietary rights very seriously. It is the licensor’s responsibility to ensure that content doesn't violate applicable laws or copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other rights (including with respect to components of content such as the background music or items displayed within the content). Just because content is freely available does not mean a licensor is free to copy and sell it.
- Content that you did not create and do not have a license to distribute, including the entire work or components therein such as music or illustrations.
- Content that contains trademarks that you have not obtained the rights to use.
Violations of Privacy or Defamation
- Content containing another’s personal information.
- Content that contains untrue statements about an individual that are intended to harm their reputation.
Public Domain Content
We do not accept public domain content or content which is undifferentiated or barely differentiated from one or more other titles.
Poor Customer Experience
We don't accept videos that contain external links, tracking tags, functionality which is unsupported by Prime Video, or which otherwise provide a poor customer experience. We reserve the right to accept or reject any videos because they provide a disappointing experience at our discretion.
- Content that contains a source file where the audio and video durations do not match.
- Content that contains a cover image which does not include the title name.
- Content where captions are missing, out of sync, or inaccurate.
- Content that contains watermarks, logos, or references to an inaccurate distribution channel.
- Functionality or calls to action that are unsupported in the Prime Video application.
- Metadata and/or cover images that are misrepresentative of the content.
- Content or metadata in an unsupported language.
- Content that is duplicative to a title already live within Prime Video.
- Content that does not rely on a video experience (e.g., content consisting of static image(s) and/or content lacking significant visual variation).
- Content that is freely available on the web, including content with open/public copyrights.
Business Promotion and External Links
- Content that implies a partnership with Amazon or misuses an Amazon logo or Amazon branded product(s), including Amazon subsidiaries.
- Content that contains a URL, external link or call to take action outside of the Prime Video application.
- Content containing an advertisement or consisting solely of advertisements.
- Content which leverages, misuses, portrays affiliation with, or otherwise uses another party’s brand in a manner that is confusing to customers.
Country or Region-Specific Restrictions
Some countries in which we distribute content may have more restrictive standards than other countries for what qualifies as "Offensive Content,"" or "Illegal and Infringing Content." This may include limitations on the display of tobacco branding and drug use; content containing offensive, illegal, or infringing depictions may be subject to publication restrictions in certain territories.
We may restrict any title from sale in any country or region where the sale or distribution of that content would violate that country's or region's laws, cultural norms, or sensitivities or for any other reason at our discretion.