The French Open - Roland-Garros Support
Here is what to do if you're having issues watching live coverage of the French Open - Roland-Garros on Prime Video.
Questions & Answers
1) Do I have to pay extra to watch Roland-Garros on Prime Video?
Prime members in Metropolitan France and Monaco can watch Roland-Garros matches on Prime Video for no additional fees. Non-Prime members can start a 30-day free trial of Prime (€49/year or €5.99/month post free trial). For more information, visit: www.amazon.fr/prime
Prime Video-only subscription customers in Andorra and the French overseas departments, regions and communities (DROM-COM) with the exception of Saint-Barthélémy can watch Roland-Garros matches on Prime Video for no additional fees. Non-Prime Video only subscription customers can start a 7-day free trial (€5.99 or $5.99 post free trial).
2) Why can't I access Roland Garros coverage inspite of being a Prime Member on Amazon.fr based out of Belgium or Luxembourg?
Fédération Française de Tennis offer distribution rights by territory. We have secured the rights that were available for Metropolitan France, Andorra, Monaco and DROM COM. All other international locations, including Saint Barthélemy are not eligible.
3) Which Roland-Garros matches will be available on Prime Video? Why can I only see selected matches and not the whole tournament from Roland-Garros?
Prime Video has acquired rights to broadcast all new (10) night session matches (21:00 CET) starting on the first Monday of the main draw (05/31) (including two quarterfinal night matches), and matches on the Simonne-Mathieu (SM) court (starting 05/30). Night matches are a new addition to the iconic Roland-Garros Grand Slam, with each match being the best singles match of the day (Men or Women). Prime Video also has co-exclusive rights to the semi-finals and finals of Men's, Women's Singles, Doubles Competition, and the Mixed Doubles Final. Prime Video has acquired these rights for the next three years, starting May 2021 and ending in 2023.
4) Can I live stream Roland-Garros on any device? Which Devices do not support live steaming on Prime Video?
For general guidance, please reference this page. Live sport is supported on Amazon devices such as the Fire TV and Fire tablet, on web browsers and connected devices via the Prime Video app, including compatible games consoles (PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One), set top boxes and media players (Google Chromecast, Bouygues, SFR, Free, Orange, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (3rd and 4th generations), smart TVs, Blu-ray players, iOS or Android tablets and mobile phones running the latest version of the Prime Video app.
- Sony Bravia TV: certain 2015 and earlier Bravia TVs
- Sony Bravia Blu-Ray: Bravia Blu-Ray Disc Player
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Nintendo Wii and Wii U
- LG Hawaii TV: certain 2015 and earlier LG TVs
- Early Roku Devices: 2014 and earlier Roku devices (excluding Roku 3, which is supported)
- Vizio Mediatek 2014: 2014 Vizio TV
- TiVo Series 4/5/Mini
- Panasonic TV: Panasonic Viera Smart TV
- Panasonic Viera Blu-Ray Player
- Loewe Sigma TV
- Sharp MTK 5655 TV
5) Can I watch Roland-Garros Qualifying rounds on Prime Video?
In 2021, Prime Video's Roland Garros coverage will begin with the Main Competition (30th May).
6) Will Prime Video broadcast all day and night session matches live and make them available for replay?
Yes. Prime Video has exclusive access to broadcast (43) matches to be played on the Simonne-Mathieu (SM) court and all 10 Night session matches. Full match replays will also be available after the match has ended.
7) How can I find out which match Prime Video will broadcast for each night session?
Prime Video will publish the confirmed match schedule via the Tournament Page at the start of each days play. The first night match is scheduled to commence from 05/31 (21:00 CEST).
8) Can I watch these matches without commentary and just have the ambient court sound?
For Roland-Garros 2021, Prime Video will have one audio option, so all matches will have commentary as the default experience.
9) Can I watch Prime Video's Roland-Garros matches in Clubs or Restaurants?
The broadcast of Roland-Garros on Prime Video will be available only for private and personal use.
10) How do I search for Roland Garros matches on Prime Video?
Prime members will be able to access the live coverage of the matches from the "Live and Upcoming" carousel and via banners available on their Prime Video Home Screen.
11) What is/are the video resolution(s) available for these matches on Prime Video?
Roland-Garros matches will be available in High Definition (HD). Prime Video will serve the highest quality streaming experience possible based on the bandwidth speed available.
12) Why can't I see live sports on my iOS or Android mobile device?
If you are not able to access live sport on your iOS or Android mobile device, please update your app to the latest version. Android Users: Open the Google Play Store app, Search "Prime Video", and Tap "Update". iOS Users: Open the App Store, Search "Prime Video", and Tap "Update".
13) I'm receiving a location error when attempting to watch Roland Garros coverage.
Roland-Garros matches are only available to Prime customers based in Metropolitan France and Monaco. Prime Video subscription customers in Andorra and the French overseas departments, regions and communities (DROM-COM) can also access these matches. All other international locations, including Saint Barthélemy are not eligible.
14) My stream is delayed, how to I reduce this?
There can always be a brief delay between the live game and a viewer's streaming experience, which may depend on the type of device you are using. We recommend using a Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS or Android device.
15) I'm experiencing streaming issues, what can I do?
16) Can I pause/rewind/fast forward live stream on my device?
Rewind, pause and fast forward are available on Android/iOS Mobile, Web (Chrome, FireFox, Edge), Fire TV, Apple TV (Gen 3) & selected Smart TVs. Use Watch from beginning play buttons on the detail page or in player to watch from start.
17) How can I find full match replays and highlights?
Full match replays will be available within 15 minutes after the match has ended via the tournament collection page. Customers can also access match highlights from the same match replay page.
18) How can I switch Subtitles on or off?
Customers can turn Subtitles on or off by selecting the "CC" icon in their playback controls. For some devices, the Subtitles icon looks like a dialogue box, or it may be listed as a menu option under "Subtitles" on the video's detail page.
19) How do I watch continuous live coverage of Roland-Garros on Prime Video.
From the Roland-Garros tournament collection page you can select "all day coverage" which will follow the best match of the day and also each night match.
20) Can I see Player stats and highlight clips (also known as X-ray) while Roland-Garros matches are live?
X-Ray features are exclusively available in French for all singles matches on Fire TV and Android devices on match level detail pages.
On Android mobile devices, customers can access X-Ray by rotating their phone or tablet into portrait mode. The match will be on and visible at the top of their mobile device, while X-Ray stats appear beneath it. For customers watching on a Fire TV device, X-Ray can be enabled by pressing “up” on the Fire TV remote.
21) If I select a match to watch what is the experience when the match finishes?
If you select a match level page the stream will end once the match and studio coverage has finished. You can then select another live match from the tournament collection page.