Manage Your Audio Language & Subtitles Preferences
Learn how to manage language and subtitles preferences for Prime Video.
At this time, the Prime Video website and Prime Video app user interface are available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
For many Prime Video titles, you can choose multi-language subtitles and audio dubbing for video playback in languages including French, Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, Portuguese and English.
Change Your Language Preferences for Video Playback
You can set a default language for subtitles and audio dubbing from the video player:
- Select the Subtitles and Audio ("speech bubble" icon) in the playback controls.
- Select your preferred subtitle language and audio language from the drop-down menu.
Change Your Language Preferences on TVs:
- Before playback, with the movie or TV show selected, select Subtitles or Audio Languages from the top menu.
- Select your preferred language from the list of available options.
Your language selection will be used automatically whenever you play a future video on this device if the selected language is available
Note: Subtitles and audio will only play with your preferred language if it is available for the movie or TV show you're watching. To learn more, go to Turn on Subtitles & Multi-Language Audio.
Customize Subtitles Appearance
You can also customize the text display used for subtitles on the Prime Video website:
- Go to Account & Settings.
- Open Subtitles from the top menu.
- Use the Edit button to configure your presets. You can change the text color, style, size, and more.
Related Help Topics