Watching Prime Video
- What is X-Ray for Movies & TV Shows?
- Watch a Prime Video Title
- Turn on Subtitles & Multi-Language Audio
- Download Prime Video Titles to Your Mobile Device
- Manage Your Prime Video Watchlist
- Watch Prime Video While Traveling Internationally
- What are Amazon Maturity Ratings?
- Prime Video Quality & Formats (SD, HD, UHD, HDR)
Download Prime Video Titles to Your Mobile Device
Learn how to download Prime Video titles to your mobile device for offline playback.
You can download selected Prime Video titles to your mobile device, so you can watch them without an active Internet connection.
To download Prime Video titles to your device:
- In the Prime Video app, find the movie or TV show you want to download and open the video details.
- Tap the Download option.
A "Downloaded" or "check mark" icon shows on-screen once your download is complete.
Note: The audio language for downloaded titles will be in the language you last streamed in if available for the title. All available subtitle languages will be available during offline playback.
To find your downloads:
From the Prime Video app - Select Downloads from the menu.
Note: At the top of your screen switch between ‘Movies’ and ‘TV’ to locate your downloaded title.
- From your Fire Tablet - Open the menu, and select Recent Downloads.
Download Availability & Viewing Periods
Only selected Prime Video titles are available to download, and the time period you have to view a downloaded title while your device is offline varies by title.
A notification typically displays on-screen when the viewing period for a title is almost over.
On-screen notifications also display if you've downloaded the maximum amount of Prime Video titles, and need to delete one or more to proceed with the current download.
For more information, see applicable Usage Rules by visiting Service Provider Info, Terms & Policies.
Related Help Topics