Managing Your Account
- Change Your Account Details
- Change Your Prime Video Payment Method
- Manage Your Prime Video Devices
- About Updating Your Home Location
- About Identifying Whether an E-mail is from Amazon Prime Video
- About Closing Your Account
- Manage Your Audio Language & Subtitles Preferences
- Manage Prime Video Parental Controls
- Manage Mobile Data Usage
- Manage Auto Play
- About Accessibility
About Updating Your Home Location
Learn more about updating your home location.
You may see a message asking you to update your Home Location when using Prime Video. Your Home Location is used to offer you the best Prime Video experience. The payment methods associated with your Amazon account determine your Home Location. If you live in any of the following countries, you can watch Prime Video content on supported devices and your local Amazon website:
- United States (www.amazon.com/av)
- United Kingdom (www.amazon.co.uk/av)
- Germany/Austria (www.amazon.de/av)
- Japan (www.amazon.co.jp/av)
If you live outside any of these countries, you must make a one-time update to your Home Location to access certain Prime Video content or use PrimeVideo.com. You will only ever be prompted to update your Home Location once.
PrimeVideo.com is available internationally (outside the countries listed above). Your Home Location doesn’t need to be updated when you travel. Learn how to Watch Prime Video While Traveling Internationally.
If you relocate to another country after setting your Home Location, Contact Customer Service.
Before Updating Your Home Location
Note: If you have previously used Amazon Video on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, or Amazon.co.jp, updating your Home Location may impact your Amazon Video experience, including:
- All of your rented and/or purchased videos become unavailable except at your local Amazon website. You can continue to access this content by visiting the Amazon website of rent/purchase from a computer. This content cannot be accessed from the PrimeVideo.com website, or the iOS, Android, Fire Tablet, or Smart TV applications.
- Active Amazon Channel subscriptions become unavailable except at your local Amazon website. You can continue to access this content by visiting the Amazon website of purchase from a computer. Note, it may not be available for streaming while outside the country of the purchase. This content cannot be accessed from the PrimeVideo.com website, or the iOS, Android, Fire Tablet, or Smart TV applications.
- All personalized settings and lists are reset. Your Parental Controls settings and personalized lists including Your Watchlist are also reset. If you previously created an Amazon Video PIN, you must recreate it on PrimeVideo.com. Learn more about Parental Controls and Your Watchlist on PrimeVideo.com
- Availability of videos on Prime Video may differ. Available TV and Movie titles may differ on PrimeVideo.com due to licensing agreements.
- Device Compatibility May Vary. Prime Video is only available on iOS, Android, Fire Tablet, and select Smart Connected TV’s. Learn more about Support Devices & Features on PrimeVideo.com.
How to Update Home Location
Updating your Home Location can take up to 15 minutes. Once your Home Location has updated to a Prime Video eligible country, you gain access to the PrimeVideo.com website. Depending on your new Home Location, the titles displayed can change as well.
To update your Home location, log into PrimeVideo.com using your Amazon account details.
Customers with an active Prime subscription are prompted to select your Home Location from a list of countries. The list of countries shown is based on the countries from which your payment methods are issued. If you do not see your home country in the list, visit your local Amazon website to add a new payment method.
Customers who do not have an active Amazon Prime subscription are prompted to start a Prime Video subscription. You must select a payment method in order to start a subscription. You can set Your Home Location by selecting a country from the Your Country list on the Add/Edit Payments screen.