About Updating Your Home Location
Learn more about updating your home location.
You may see a message asking you to update your “Home Location” when you log into PrimeVideo.com. Your Home Location is used to offer you the best Prime Video experience, and is determined by the payment methods associated with your Amazon account.
If you live in any of the following countries, you can watch Amazon Video content on supported devices and your local Amazon website:
- United States (www.amazon.com/av)
- United Kingdom (www.amazon.co.uk/av)
- Germany/Austria (www.amazon.de/av)
- Japan (www.amazon.co.jp/av)
If you live outside any of these countries, you may need to make a one-time update to your Home Location to access Prime Video content on PrimeVideo.com. You will only ever be prompted to update your Home Location once.
PrimeVideo.com is available internationally (outside the countries listed above), so your Home Location doesn’t need to be updated when you travel. Learn how to Watch Prime Video While Traveling Internationally.
If you relocate to another country after setting your Home Location, Contact Customer Service.
Before Updating Your “Home” Location
Note: If you have previously used Amazon Video on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, or Amazon.co.jp, updating your “Home Location” may impact your Amazon Video experience, including:
- All rented and/or purchased videos will become unavailable except at your local Amazon website. You can continue to access this content by visiting the Amazon website of rent/purchase from a computer. This content will not be available from the PrimeVideo.com website, and will not be accessible from the iOS, Android, Fire Tablet or Smart TV applications.
- Active Amazon Channel subscriptions will become unavailable except at your local Amazon website. You can continue to access this content by visiting the Amazon website of purchase from a computer. This content will not be available from the PrimeVideo.com website, and will not be accessible from the iOS, Android, Fire Tablet or Smart TV applications.
- All personalized settings and lists will be reset. Your Parental Controls settings and personalized lists including “Your Watchlist” will be reset. If you previously created an Amazon Video PIN, you must re-create it on PrimeVideo.com. Learn more about Parental Controls and Your Watchlist on PrimeVideo.com
- Availability of videos on Prime Video may differ. Available TV and Movie titles may differ on PrimeVideo.com due to licensing agreements.
- Device Compatibility May Vary. Prime Video is only available on iOS, Android, Fire Tablet, and select Smart Connected TV’s. Learn more about Support Devices & Features on PrimeVideo.com.
How to Update “Home” Location
Updating your Home Location can take up to 15 minutes. Once your Home Location has updated to a Prime Video eligible country, you will gain access to the PrimeVideo.com website.
To update your “Home” location, log into PrimeVideo.com using your Amazon account details.
If you have an active Prime subscription, you will be prompted to select your Home Location from a list of countries. The list of countries you will see is based on the countries from which your payment methods are issued. If you do not see your home country in the list, visit your local Amazon website to add a new payment method.
If you do not have an active Prime subscription, you will be prompted to start a Prime Video subscription. You will need to select a payment method in order to start a subscription. Your Home Location is set by selecting a country from the Your Country list on the Add/Edit Payments screen.