System Requirements for Computers
Learn about the system requirements for watching Prime Video through your computer's web browser.
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (or equivalent)
Computer Operating System
- Windows 7 or newer
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer
- You can use Chrome to watch Prime Video on Linux/UNIX operating systems (including Chrome OS).
Note: Prime Video streaming is not supported through Virtual Private Network (VPN) or proxy connections. To watch Prime Video, you'll need to disable these services for your device or try switching to another available connection.
- Chrome (version 59 or newer)
- Firefox (version 53 or newer)
- Internet Explorer (version 11 or newer)
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Safari (version 10 or newer on Mac OS 10.12.1 or newer)
- Opera (version 37 or newer)
Note: Firefox ESR is not supported at this time. Firefox ESR (Version 60) will be supported when it's available for the general public, which is approximately May 1, 2018.
If you use a browser or browser version that does not support our HTML5 player, you can access Prime Video with Microsoft Silverlight.
Silverlight is a browser plugin used to play Prime Video content on Safari and some versions of Internet Explorer. You'll typically see an on-screen installation or activation prompt if Silverlight is required for your browser.
The minimum supported version of Silverlight is 5.1. To install the latest version, go to Get Microsoft Silverlight .
Related Help Topics