Turn on Subtitles & Multi-Language Audio
Learn how to watch Prime Video titles with multi-language subtitles and audio dubbing.
For many Prime Video titles, you can choose subtitles and/or audio dubbing in languages including French, Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, Portuguese and English.
You can view available languages for a movie or TV show in the video details, under Subtitles & Audio.
Turn Subtitles On & Off or Change Audio Language
- Start playback for a movie or TV show.
- Select the Subtitles and Audio ("Speech bubble" icon) in the player controls.
- Select your language preferences from the list of available options.
- Before playback, with the movie or TV show selected, select Subtitlesor Audio Languages from the top menu.
- Select your preferred language from the list of available options.
- When you play the video, your selected language option will play with it.
The audio language for downloaded titles will be in the language you last streamed in if available for the title. All available subtitle languages will be available during offline playback.
Related Help Topics