The French Open - Roland-Garros Support
Here is what to do if you're having issues watching live coverage of the French Open - Roland-Garros on Prime Video.
Questions & Answers
1) Do I have to pay extra to watch Roland-Garros on Prime Video?
Prime members in Metropolitan France and Monaco can watch Roland-Garros matches on Prime Video for no additional fees. Non-Prime members can start a 30-day free trial of Prime (€69.90/year or €6.99/month post free trial). For more information, visit: www.amazon.fr/prime
Prime Video-only subscription customers in Andorra and the French overseas departments, regions and communities (DROM-COM) with the exception of Saint-Barthélémy can watch Roland-Garros matches on Prime Video for no additional fees.
2) I live in Belgium or Luxembourg and I can enjoy Prime benefits on Amazon.fr. Why can't I watch Roland-Garros on Prime Video?
Fédération Française de Tennis offer distribution rights by territory. We have secured only the rights for Metropolitan France, Andorra, Monaco, and DROM-COM. All other international locations, including Saint Barthélemy, are not eligible.
3) Which Roland-Garros matches will be available on Prime Video?
Prime Video has acquired rights to broadcast all new (10) night session matches (starting 05/29), and matches on the Simonne-Mathieu (SM) court (starting 05/28). Our evening matches are a selection of the best singles matches of the day. Prime Video also has co-exclusive rights to the semi-finals and finals of the Men's and Women's Singles and Doubles competitions, and the Mixed Doubles Final. Prime Video has acquired these rights for the next three years, starting May 2021 and ending in 2023. Additionally, Prime members can also access qualifying matches scheduled to take place from 05/22 to 05/26.
4) Can I live stream Roland-Garros on any device?
For general guidance, please reference this page. Live sport is supported on Amazon devices such as the Fire TV and Fire tablet, on web browsers and connected devices via the Prime Video app, including compatible games consoles (PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One), set-top boxes and media players (Google Chromecast, Orange Bouygues Telecom, SFR, Free, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV (3rd and 4th generations)), smart TVs, Blu-ray players, iOS or Android tablets and cell phones running the latest version of the Prime Video app. For the best live sports viewing experience, watch Roland-Garros on a Fire TV device. Get yours here.
The following devices do not support live streaming on Prime Video, hence you will not be able to watch Roland-Garros on these:
- Sony Bravia TV: certain 2015 and earlier models
- Bravia Blu-Ray Disc Player
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Nintendo Wii and Wii U
- LG Hawaii TV: certain 2015 and earlier LG TVs
- Roku: 2014 and earlier Roku devices (excluding Roku 3, which is supported)
- TiVo Series 4/5/Mini
- Panasonic Viera Smart TV
- Viera Blu-Ray Disc Player
- Loewe Sigma TV
- 2014 Vizio TV
- Sharp MTK 5655 TV
5) Can I watch Roland-Garros Qualifying rounds on Prime Video on Twitch?
Live matches included in the Prime Video Rights Pack are not available on Twitch.
6) Who is presenting and commentating on the Roland-Garros matches broadcast on Prime Video?
Stay tuned for more information.
7) Can I watch Roland-Garros Qualifying rounds on Prime Video?
Yes. From May 22 through 26, 2023, you can watch the matches on the top two courts during Qualifying Week. All matches will be broadcast in HD with commentary.
8) Will Prime Video broadcast all day and night session matches live and make them available for replay?
Yes. Full match replays will also be available after the match has ended.
9) How can I find full match replays and highlights?
Full match replays will be available within 15 minutes after the match has ended via the tournament collection page. Customers can also access match highlights (at the bottom of the page).
10) Do you offer an option to watch matches without commentary and just have the court sounds?
For Roland-Garros 2023, Prime Video will have one audio option, so all matches will have commentary as the default experience.
11) How can I switch Subtitles on or off?
Customers can turn Subtitles on or off by selecting the "CC" icon in their playback controls. For some devices, the Subtitles icon looks like a dialog box, or it may be listed as a menu option under "Subtitles" on the video's detail page.
12) How do I watch continuous live coverage of Roland-Garros on Prime Video?
From the Roland-Garros tournament collection page you can select "All day coverage" which will follow the best match of the day and also each night match.
13) If I select a match to watch what is the experience when the match finishes?
If you select a match-level page, the stream will end once the match and studio coverage have finished. You can then select another live match from the tournament collection page.
14) Can I watch Roland-Garros matches while traveling?
Prime members who live in France will be able to watch live tennis matches, replays, and highlights when traveling in the European Union. The rest of the world is not included.
15) How can I find out which match Prime Video will broadcast for each night session?
Prime Video will publish the confirmed match schedule via the Tournament Page at the start of each days play.
16) Can I watch Prime Video's Roland-Garros matches in clubs or restaurants?
The broadcast of Roland-Garros on Prime Video will be available only for private and personal use.
17) Can I see Player stats and highlight clips (also known as X-ray) while Roland-Garros matches are live?
X-Ray features are exclusively available in French for all singles matches on Fire TV and Android devices on match level detail pages. On Android mobile devices, customers can access X-Ray by rotating their phone or tablet into portrait mode. The match will be on and visible at the top of their mobile device, while X-Ray stats appear beneath it. For customers watching on a Fire TV device, X-Ray can be enabled by pressing “up” on the Fire TV remote.
18) I'm receiving a location error when attempting to watch Roland-Garros coverage. What should I do?
Roland-Garros matches are only available to Prime customers based in Metropolitan France and Monaco. Prime Video subscription customers in Andorra and the French overseas departments, regions and communities (DROM-COM) can also access these matches. All other international locations, including Saint Barthélemy are not eligible. Prime Video does not support streaming content over a virtual private network.
19) How do I watch Roland-Garros on Prime Video?
In the Prime Video app on your device, you'll see the matches under the heading "Roland-Garros: Live and Upcoming Matches," or visit primevideo.com where you will see "Roland-Garros: Live and Upcoming Matches" on the homepage.
20) What video resolutions are available for these matches on Prime Video?
Roland-Garros matches will be available in High Definition (HD). Prime Video provides optimal streaming experience depending on the available bandwidth speed.
21) How do I install Prime Video on my devices?
If you select a match level page the stream will end once the match and studio coverage has finished. You can then select another live match from the tournament collection page.
- Open your device's app store to download and install the Prime Video app.
- Enter the Prime Video app.
- Register your device by selecting Register on Amazon site. You will be given a code to enter on a given website. Some devices show the option to Sign in and Start Watching, using your Amazon account information.
22) Why can't I see live sports on my iOS or Android mobile device?
If you are not able to access live sport on your iOS or Android mobile device, please update your app to the latest version. If you're using an Android device: open the Google Play Store app, search for "Prime Video" and press "Update." If you are using an iOS device: Open the App Store, Search "Prime Video", Tap "Update".
23) Can I pause/rewind/fast forward live stream on my device?
Rewind, pause and fast forward are available on Android/iOS Mobile, Web (Chrome, FireFox, Edge), Fire TV, Apple TV (Gen 3) & selected Smart TVs. Use Watch from beginning play buttons on the detail page or in player to watch from start.
24) My stream is lagging behind the live stream, how do I fix this?
There can always be a brief delay between the live game and viewer's streaming experience, which may depend on the type of device you are using. We recommend using a Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS, or Android device for the best quality.
25) I'm experiencing streaming issues, what can I do?
For the best live streaming experience, Prime Video recommends a minimum download speed of 1 Mbps for SD & 5 Mbps for HD. Prime Video provides optimal streaming experience depending on the available bandwidth speed.
If you're experiencing any issues with the video "juddering" or having excessive motion blur, we recommend turning the Motion setting on your TV to Off. This setting might have a different name depending on your TV manufacturer. Motion settings include: Auto Motion Plus, Tru Motion, MotionFlow, Cinemotion, and Motion Picture. If you are still experiencing video issues, please contact us.