How Do I Start a Watch Party on iPhones and iPads?
Prime Video Watch Party allows you to chat and watch eligible titles/content with friends and family virtually.
- Open the Prime Video app on your iPhone or iPad. The host must have the Prime Video Ad Free upgrade (where available) in order to start a Watch Party on content that is included with an Amazon Prime membership.
- Browse titles as you would when watching on your own. Titles included with Amazon Prime or Prime Video are only available to Amazon Prime members or Prime Video subscribers. Non-Prime members/non-Prime Video subscribers will be prompted to sign up (or take a free trial, if eligible) in order to access titles Included with Prime or Prime Video. Customers who wish to host or participate in a Watch Party for titles available for rental or purchase, need only rent or buy that title in order to participate. Live content and Prime Video Channels content aren’t currently available for Watch Parties.
- Select Watch Party from the detail page.
- Enter a desired user name under Chat name.
- Select Create to begin the Watch Party.
You can invite up to 100 participants. Anyone having a valid invite link can join Watch Party. However, they must be located in your country and have access to eligible Prime Video titles included with their Amazon Prime membership/Prime Video subscription.
Related Help Topics