Behind the MonstersSeason 1
Each episode of Shudder’s BEHIND THE MONSTERS examines a horror icon who has broken free of the confines of the film from which it was born and become the stuff of legend.
- 1. Michael MyersOctober 26, 202145minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA cheap film shot in 21 days changed the landscape of horror, made several careers, and gave one actress an iconic role that she’s tweaking 42 years later.
- 2. CandymanNovember 2, 202136minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe genre's first black slasher showed up in 1992, rich with subtext about racial tensions in American history. In 2021, he's coming back - and is perhaps the most relevant horror icon imaginable.
- 3. ChuckyNovember 9, 202132minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhat started as a nasty spin on 80s consumerism flourished over three decades into an unlikely progressive horror property that refuses to get back on the shelf.
- 4. Freddy KruegerNovember 16, 202143minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 1984 Wes Craven saw the slasher boom filling screens and took it to the next level by leaving reality behind. Other slashers carved through teen bodies; Freddy invaded their minds.
- 5. Jason VoorheesNovember 23, 202145minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe producers just wanted to rip off HALLOWEEN. What happened instead was the accidental creation of a machete-wielding avatar of conservative 1980s morality.
- 6. PinheadNovember 30, 202148minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishEmerging from a low budget independent film, this character who was simply called "Lead Cenobite" would become the undeniable symbol of pleasure and pain and the icon of the Hellraiser franchise.