Normal PeopleSeason 1
From school to college, Normal People follows Connell and Marianne as they weave in and out of each other’s lives in a show that explores how complicated young love can be.
This video is currently unavailable
to watch in your location
to watch in your location
- 1. Episode 1This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202029min18+In modern, rural Ireland, Connell and Marianne, on different ends of the school’s social scene, begin an intense, secret affair.
- 2. Episode 2This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202028min18+Marianne and Connell’s affair continues, but the pressures of the outside world start to take their toll.
- 3. Episode 3This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202033min18+Connell betrays Marianne by making a cowardly choice. Marianne withdraws from school, causing Connell intense guilt.
- 4. Episode 4This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202031min18+Connell finds college lonely; Marianne finds instant popularity. After running into each other they decide to try to be friends.
- 5. Episode 5This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202031min18+Connell (Paul Mescal) and Marianne (Daisy Edgar-Jones) start socialising as friends in Dublin. She introduces Connell to her group and one of her friends, Teresa (Lauryn Canny) is interested in him. Marianne is still dating Gareth (Sebastian De Souza), but her interest in the relationship is starting to fade. Marianne eventually finishes things with Gareth and makes a drunken pass at Connell.
- 6. Episode 6This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202033min18+Connell and Marianne are together, but when he loses his job and she has an upsetting trip home, they withdraw from each other.
- 7. Episode 7This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202027min18+Marianne and Connell are seeing other people and realise (too late) that their break-up was due to a misunderstanding.
- 8. Episode 8This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202028min18+Connell visits Marianne at her family’s summer home in Italy, where tensions between her and Jamie are at an all-time high.
- 9. Episode 9This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202022min18+Marianne, studying abroad, pursues an unhealthy relationship; in Dublin Connell enjoys an uncomplicated relationship with Helen.
- 10. Episode 10This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202026min18+After the suicide of a schoolfriend, Connell struggles with severe depression. Marianne remains a lifeline for him from abroad.
- 11. Episode 11This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202028min18+In Sligo, Marianne and Connell try to navigate friendship. A fight between Marianne and Alan causes a rift with her family.
- 12. Episode 12This video is currently unavailableApril 28, 202023min18+Their final year in Trinity, Marianne and Connell are fully together - but how it will endure after they graduate is uncertain.
- Hettie MacDonaldLenny Abrahamson
- Catherine Magee
- Amazon Maturity Rating
- 18+ Adults. Learn more
- Content advisory
- Nudityfoul languagesexual contentviolence substance use alcohol use smoking