Motives & Murders: Cracking the Case
Facilitated through investigators' detailed accounts, Motives and Murders: Cracking the Case digs into the background of horrific crimes that have captivated communities and the headlines to determine just what kind of person is driven to commit murder.
- 1. Who Killed Daddy's Girl?March 3, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen a pregnant 23-year-old Iowa woman is shot in her own bed, investigators must quickly determine if they are looking for someone with a deadly grudge against the couple or a more sinister culprit closer to home.
- 2. Mommy Speak for MeMarch 10, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn Cleveland, a 14-year-old African American girl on her way to school is snatched off the street, assaulted and murdered. Initially, detectives work the case 24/7, but it will take a lucky break and nearly 30 years before the culprit is behind bars.
- 3. California Girl GoneMarch 17, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishOn her last day as a high school freshman, a 14-year-old girl is brutally beaten and set on fire. The horrifying crime sends shock waves through her California community, and with a possible serial killer on the loose, investigators hunt for a monster.
- 4. Dancing with the DevilMarch 24, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishPopular school teacher Marilyn Habian is shot in the heart in the basement of her Cleveland-area home, and years after the case goes cold, news of a potential prison confession leads investigators back to her front door.
- 5. An Angel TakenMarch 31, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA devout Mormon and popular university student, Brooke Wilberger is abducted from an Oregon parking lot in broad daylight. Police immediately launch a massive search, and the story of the missing 19-year-old soon captures headlines nationwide.
- 6. This Can't Be HappeningApril 7, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA woman's body is dumped in an Orlando, Florida, park, and as detectives connect the dots, a spate of seemingly random beatings, carjackings and murders soon tells the story of a one-man crime spree.
- 7. Screams of SilenceApril 14, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhile building their seaside dream home in Connecticut, Matthew Monahon discovers his pregnant wife Kelsey hogtied on the floor and clinging to life. When she dies days later, a $300,000 life insurance policy casts him as the number one suspect.
- 8. Somebody KnowsApril 21, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKimberly Dunkin's body is found with a single gunshot to the head, and though investigators suspect she was the victim of a gang war, it will take 15 years, a deck of playing cards and a lucky break before the case finally begins to unravel.
- 9. Sheltered from the TruthApril 28, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishOn a September morning in 1973, Debra Dill's bludgeoned body is discovered next to her car in rural Maine. Her grieving community wakes up to a nightmare, but it will take nearly two decades before the killer is behind bars.
- 10. Where Her Future EndsMay 5, 201644minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen the naked, blood-soaked body of a young woman is found on the floor of her Orlando, Florida, apartment, it's up to investigators to find her killer before he strikes again.