America's Book Of Secrets
America's story can be told in many ways. While much of the history of the country is well documented and widely available, there is another deeper history that has been shrouded in secrecy and hidden from public view.
- 1. The Ancient Astronaut Cover-UpJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe notion of a universe inhabited by alien creatures can be found just about everywhere. But could mankind really have been visited by alien beings from other worlds? Experts explore the idea that aliens have been visiting the Earth for centuries.
- 2. The MafiaJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishFor decades, the criminal organization known as "The Mafia" has stained the fabric of American society. But what are the secrets behind the Mob's sinister success? Experts uncover the secret world and the violent tactics used to gain money and power.
- 3. The Ku Klux KlanJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Ku Klux Klan members are the original domestic terrorists, hiding underneath white hoods and flowing robes, and taking cover in the rights and freedoms that they are actively seeking to destroy. Experts expose the racist history of the KKK.
- 4. Serial KillersJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKillers are secretly stalking America, hiding in plain sight and compelled by a simple motive to take another person's life. Experts uncover the psychological, biological and sociological make-up of these dangerous murderers.
- 5. American NazisJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThere are nearly 200 neo-Nazi groups currently operating in the United States -- and they are strongly allied to a loose network of numerous other hate groups. Experts reveal how sympathy for Hitler has grown into a violent subculture of "white power."
- 6. Deadly CultsJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAccording to government statistics, there are an estimated 5,000 cults currently operating in the United States. Experts uncover the psychological allure of cults, their charismatic leaders and the insidious methods for controlling their members.
- 7. Presidential Cover-UpsJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe office of the President of the United States was designed to operate with greater transparency than any other world-leader... but how much does the public really know about what goes on behind the doors of the Oval Office?
- 8. The Drug WarsJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishExperts uncover the conspiracies behind America's decades-old drug campaign. They look at why the US government classifies marijuana and heroin as equally dangerous drugs and question whether legal marijuana in some states could change things.
- 9. The Mystery of BigfootJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMillions of Americans are obsessed with the mysterious man-ape Bigfoot. Experts shed new light on some of the nation's darkest Sasquatch secrets and reveal new technologies that are being developed for the centuries-old hunt.
- 10. Presidential AssassinsJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishOver the last century there have been four successful US Presidential assassinations and a multitude of failed attempts. But do we know the real story behind these assassination plots? Experts look at conspiracy theories surrounding the shocking murders.
- 11. Hells AngelsJanuary 31, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishNo club in America is more secretive than the Hells Angels. Experts and insiders reveal the real story behind the biker brotherhood -- from motorcycle world insiders to club infiltrators to law enforcement officials.
- discovery plus History Channel