The English Crown is one of the oldest surviving governing bodies in the world. Hosted by the erudite, energetic Dr. David Starkey (The Six Wives of Henry VIII), this series tells the epic and bloody stories of Britain's kings and queens from the Saxon era (Alfred the Great) to the early 20th century (Victoria).
- S3 E1 - Monarchy - S3 Ep1November 12, 200647minThe remarkable story of King Charles II, who secured the restoration of the English monarchy in 1660.Free trial of True Royalty
- S3 E2 - Monarchy - S3 Ep2November 19, 200648minOutraged by James II's ham-handed attempts to promote tolerance for his fellow Catholics, Parliament invites his daughter Mary and her Dutch husband, William of Orange, to invade England and take the throne - ushering in the Glorious Revolution.Free trial of True Royalty
- S3 E3 - Monarchy - S3 Ep3November 26, 200648minUnder William and Mary and their successor, Anne, the nation transforms itself into Europe's greatest power and enjoys unprecedented financial prosperity.Free trial of True Royalty
- S3 E4 - Monarchy - S3 Ep4December 3, 200648minGeorge I and his two namesakes forge new relationships with Parliamentary leaders, creating a dynamic that survives in British governance today.Free trial of True Royalty
- S3 E5 - Monarchy - S3 Ep5December 10, 200648minWeathering the anti-royalist storm breaking on the Continent, Great Britain stands strong against the military might of Napoleon. By the mid-19th century, Queen Victoria accedes to the throne, reinventing the British monarchy as a stable yet progressive institution.Free trial of True Royalty