Season two brings crises of faith, of power, of relationships. Brothers rise up against one another. Loyalties shift from friend to foe, and unlikely alliances are formed in the name of supremacy. Ragnar's indiscretions threaten his marriage to Lagertha, tearing him and his beloved son apart. Plots are hatched, scores are settled, blood is spilled...all under the watchful eyes of the gods.
- S2 E1 - Rites Of PassageThe battle begins between Ragnar and King Horik's forces against Jarl Borg. Borg is joined by Rollo, and this Viking clash pits brother against brother. There can only be one victor. Meanwhile, Princess Aslaug makes her way to Kattegat and brings with her a surprise that leaves Ragnar in a difficult predicament.
- S2 E2 - InvasionFour peaceful years have since passed with Ragnar as Earl. The time has come for an unlikely alliance to band together in pursuit of a common goal - a new raid on England. A storm pushes the Viking fleet to a new destination, and on the beaches of Wessex, Ragnar and his men may have met their match.
- S2 E3 - TreacheryThe Wessex Viking raid is in full swing and King Ecbert finds himself facing an entirely new kind of foe. While Ragnar races to dominate in the West, Jarl Borg has his own plans in store for the future of Kattegat.
- S2 E4 - Eye For An EyeA meeting between two great men may pave the way for future compromise as Ragnar and Ecbert come face to face. Jarl Borg now rules Kattegat and with an iron fist and Rollo must now become the leader his people need in Ragnar's absence.
- S2 E5 - Answers In BloodLagertha and Ragnar unite once again and together fight to win Kattegat back from Jarl Borg. Aslaug must face the truth of her prophecies. Athelstan struggles to define his faith. Bjorn must once again make a choice.
- S2 E6 - UnforgivenKing Horik returns to Kattegat with a surprising proposition for Ragnar. Lagertha runs into a less than enthusiastic homecoming from her new husband. Athelstan, struggling with his own inner demons, becomes confidant to King Ecbert.
- S2 E7 - Blood EagleRagnar and King Horik clash over how to dispense justice to Jarl Borg. In Wessex, King Aelle arrives and Ecbert has an eye on a new alliance.
- S2 E8 - BonelessPrincess Aslaug's latest prophecy comes to fruition as she readies to give birth once more. Ragnar, Horik and their new ally Lagertha set sail for Wessex - Ragnar and Horik have very different ideas about the true purpose of this trip.
- S2 E9 - The ChoiceRagnar's Viking warriors march on to King Ecbert's villa and are met with a surprisingly vicious welcome party along the way. After a bloody battle both sides must come to new terms.
- S2 E10 - The Lord's PrayerRagnar and King Horik return to Kattegat and the final showdown between two Viking leaders is at hand. Ragnar has placed his trust in those who have stood by him and now the time has come for new alliances to be made.