John Thaw stars as the grumpy but cultured detective Inspector Morse in four thought-provoking crime films. Thaw is once again joined by Kevin Whately as his sergeant Lewis, with guests stars including Julia Sawalha, Simon Callow , Amanda Burton and Holly Aird.
- 1. The Wolvercote TongueDecember 25, 19871 h 41 min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA wealthy American tourist is found dead in her hotel - a death which appears to be linked to the disappearance of a priceless Anglo-Saxon antiquity.
- 2. Last Seen WearingMarch 8, 19881 h 43 minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMorse investigates the case of a schoolgirl missing for six months, and uncovers some unsavoury truths about the lives of both the girl's family and school staff.
- 3. The Settling Of The SunMarch 15, 19881 h 44 minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe tranquil cloisters of an ancient Oxford college become the scene of a gruesome revenge killing and Morse begins to realise that he has been set up as an alibi for whoever is responsible for the student's death. Featuring AMANDA BURTON. alongside JOHN THAW as Morse and KEVIN WHATELY as Sergeant Lewis.
- 4. Last Bus To WoodstockMarch 22, 19881 h 43 min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe death of a young woman in the car park of a pub on Woodstock Road presents a puzzle for Morse. An empty envelope in her pocket leads Morse to a web of sexual intrigue as he unravels a pair of extracurricular relationships in the academic city of Oxford. Featuring HOLLY AIRD alongside JOHN THAW as Morse and KEVIN WHATELY as Sergeant Lewis.
- John MaddenPeter HammondHerbert WiseAdrian ShergoldAlastair ReidDanny BoyleColin GreggBrian ParkerEdward BennettPeter Duffell
- ITV Global Entertainment Ltd
- Content advisory
- Nuditysexual contentviolence alcohol use smoking foul language