The Last Alaskans
The last Alaskans to live within the 19 million acres of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge -- one of the most remote places in the country.
- 1. No Man's LandMay 25, 201542minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIt’s fall in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and animals are on the move. Heimo pursues the tail end of the caribou migration. A bear ransacks Bob’s cabin, destroying two years of dry meat. A family arrives to signs of moose.
- 2. The HuntedMay 31, 201542minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSurviving 400 miles from civilization boils down to one thing -- finding food. Heimo pursues an animal that can feed him and his wife for months. The condition of Bob’s boat threatens his hunt. The Seldens arrive to a flooded cabin.
- 3. Winter Is ComingJune 7, 201542minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWinter is coming, and residents must prepare for temperatures dropping to -50 degrees.
- 4. Everything Is HungryJune 14, 201542minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWinter has arrived, and the time for preparation is over. Bob deals with the ramifications of crashing his plane. Heimo must cross a newly frozen river to begin trapping. Ray and his daughters set out to catch much needed meat.
- 5. The Last SunsetJune 21, 201542minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe difficulties of life hundreds of miles from civilization become abundantly clear. Tyler and Ashley trek 15 miles to a lake cabin to run their dog team and search for food. Bob leaves home to see his daughter and assess the damage to his crashed plane.
- 6. Into the DarknessJune 28, 201542minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDarkness has arrived in the refuge. Heimo risks being caught miles from home in the dark, and the Lewis family prepares for an empty nest as their daughters head out on their own in town.
- 7. Nothing Lasts ForeverJuly 5, 201542minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs the end of winter nears, the residents of the refuge look to the future. Bob trains Ruger to be a hunting dog, while Ray prepares for an empty nest life without his daughters. Heimo pushes his aging body to the brink.
- 8. The End of DarknessJuly 12, 201542minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSunlight finally returns to the refuge. Heimo is stopped in his tracks by -50 degree temperatures. The Seldens make their home in a new cabin, and Bob tries to salvage his worst season in 40 years and questions his future.
- discovery plus Survival